Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Chicken with Saffron, Smoked Paprika and Garlic

Chicken with Saffron, Smoked Paprika and Garlic

1 organic chicken brutally butchered by hand in Richmond or professionally cut into 8 pieces if you're out of town
2 TB. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 t. dried orange peel
1 bay leaf
1/2t. dried thyme
1 t. smoked paprika
2 large pinches saffron (toasted lightly in a small skillet beforehand to bring out the flavor)
salt and pepper to taste

Remove skin from chicken and lightly salt with coarse salt. Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a dutch oven or large saucepan, and sauté the garlic and onion until soft and fragrant. Add the tomatoes, chicken, white wine, chicken broth, orange peel and spices. Stir gently and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve with small new potatoes or couscous (my favorite, but not my family's), a large green salad, and a crisp and flavorful Albariño. Serves 4.

1 Comments:

Anonymous baking said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on cooks recipes, and the next I'm reading this post. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Brandon, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on cooks recipes.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home