Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Wasabi Eggs

Wasabi Eggs

6 eggs (if you let them sit in the refrigerator for a few days or even a week after purchasing, the whites will gel a bit more and the egg will be easier to peel)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1/2-1 t. wasabi paste (brands vary in strength, so taste it before adding more)
salt and pepper to taste

Hard-boil eggs (I wouldn't even presume to tell you how to do this--everyone is convinced their way is the best way). Peel and slice in half those six now chilled and newly hard-boiled eggs. Plunk the yolks in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and wasabi. Stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste and fill whites with yolk mixture. Serve proudly and refrain from mentioning your little variation on the traditional deviled egg.


2 Comments:

Blogger megwoo said...

This sounds fantastic!! Can't wait to try it out...

Thursday, August 11, 2005  
Anonymous lessons said...

Hello Brandon
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on kids recipes when I came across this post. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home