Thursday, July 07, 2005

Julia Child's Hollandaise

3 egg yolks
2 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 stick (4 oz.) butter, melted until bubbling hot

Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in blender. Cover and blend at high speed for 30 seconds. Uncover, and still blending at high speed, start pouring in the hot butter by droplets. Allow time for the butter to absorb and emulsify with eggs. When about two thirds of the butter has been added, you can pick up the pace a little more. Makes about 3/4 cup.

2 Comments:

Anonymous lessons said...

Hello Brandon
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on cookbooks when I came across this post. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous KYLE said...

I left my well-worn Julia Child MASTERING THE ART. . . at home, and am glad I found this site. My family wants Hollandaise for apres-Thanksgiving breakfast.

Thursday, November 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home